September 4, 2018
If you’re missing any teeth, you know how it can feel to have an incomplete smile. Besides their appearance, missing teeth can lower self-esteem and cause a lack of confidence. Dental implants have become one of the most popular replacement options because they look and feel just like natural teeth. Besides improving your oral health, did you know dental implants in Concord can boost your confidence too? Read on to learn how from an expert periodontist.
What Are Dental Implants?
Think of a dental implant as an artificial tooth root made of titanium that provides a supportive base for a new restoration (false tooth). This titanium post is placed in the jawbone, where the implant actually fuses to the bone to create a long-lasting bond that will support your new tooth for years to come.
How Can Dental Implants Improve My Confidence?
Replacing your missing teeth is a great step towards positive oral health, but using dental implants as a replacement can boost your confidence and self-esteem. Check out some common ways patients have seen dental implants in Westford boost their confidence below:
- Get your healthy smile back: An incomplete smile can make you feel reluctant to smile in the first place. Because dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, you can start smiling again. It takes a lot more muscles to frown than grin, so start showing off those pearly whites.
- Eat your favorite foods: Gaps, failing teeth, or dentures may restrict your diet, especially in public. Dental implants provide a sturdy, permanent replacement that you can use to enjoy all of your favorite foods without the worry of a slipping denture or causing more damage to your smile.
- Look younger: Missing teeth can cause your jawbone to gradually decrease, which leads to wrinkled lips and a more sunken looking face. Dental implants are the only replacement method that helps preserve and stimulate bone through bonding of the implant.
- Move and speak with confidence: Traditional dentures can move around in your mouth while you talk, causing slurs or mumbling. Because dental implants are firmly in place, you can talk and laugh with the confidence of knowing that your teeth aren’t going anywhere.
- Long-lasting solution: With proper care, your implant can last for a lifetime. If you receive this replacement, you can look forward to a future with a permanent restoration.
Do you want your confidence back? Talk to your local dentist to see if dental implants are right for you. They’re the only replacement method that looks, feels, and emerges from the gums like natural teeth.
Meet the Dentist
Dr. Stephen H. Grossman enjoys restoring his patients’ smiles and confidence through dental implants. He is even a member of the Academy of Osseointegration (the study of dental implants), so he stays up-to-date on all of the latest techniques with this replacement method. He currently runs his own practice, and he can be contacted through his website or by phone at (978) 263-1313 for any questions.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.